Thursday, November 3, 2011

November sensory tub: Thanksgiving!

Today is the day I reveal the November sensory box to the kids, and I'm giving you a sneak preview before I show them!  My kids love the anticipation of a new sensory box - they know when I start dissembling the previous month's bin that a new one is coming.


The base of the box is yellow split peas.  They're a fun size for pouring, and I thought the yellow was a nice base for Thanksgiving colors. 

On the left side, we have the same glass acorns that we used in our activities last month.  I also added a set of glass pumpkins (two sizes, two colors).
There's a measuring cup, some small plastic cups to pour into, spoons, and scoops.
There's a set of sequenced balls, in autumn colors.
I included a set of three pumpkins, in a browinish color, made from twine and other earthy materials.


In the center is one of the wooden boxes with nine slots. 
There's a set of pompons, in a bunch of sizes, all Thanksgiving colors.  
I grabbed the Thanksgiving dinner table with food on it from a Little People set, and put that in the very center of the bin. 
A pile of brightly colored turkey feathers gives colors and a very different sensory experience. 

On the right side, there is an assortment of multicolored squash and gourds.  
There is another wooden box with nine slots. 
My husband made pumpkins from pipecleaners to add to the box. 

Linking to:

For the Kids Friday



Classified: Mom



Montessori Monday

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! LOVE IT! I wanted to invite you to come link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they will certainly enjoy exploring the many textures in this bin! FUN!

    would love for you to share on - the Sunday Showcase- http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many sensorial experiences here! Thanks for describing the different items you used ... and I LOVE that your husband even got involved! Thank you for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete