Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advent calendar

I spent the better part of today setting up our Advent Calendar! 

This was really, really easy.  I cut Christmas Trees out of card stock, then cut tiny tags to put the numbers on.

I wrote the activity for the day on the back of the tree, then used a small piece of pipe-cleaner to hook the number tag to the tree.  (The reason for not putting the numbers right on the tree is simple.... by putting the numbers on a separate tag, I can exchange the activities for day number 4 and day number 9, for example.. by being able to move the numbers, I can change the schedule to fit our plans for the month as they develop!)

I ran a piece of silver ribbon through the pipe cleaner on each tree, to hang them.  Super cute and easy. 


For anyone interested, here are the activities we used (but, like I said, don't get attached to the order.  I am nearly certainly going to rearrange some of these throughout the month!)

1 Make salt dough ornaments
2 Coloring page
3 A Christmas Carol movie 
4 Candle craft
5 Make chocolate chip cookies
6 St. Nicholas Day celebration! 
7 Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie 
8 make a Christmas tree snack
9 Paint salt dough ornaments 
10 in search of santa
11  coloring page
12 Make spiced apple cider
13 the story of Christmas
14 Go for a walk and see the Christmas lights!
15 the Happy Elf movie 
16  Make sugar cookies
17  Decorate sugar cookies 
18 The 12 Dogs of Christmas movie 
19 coloring page
20 Christmas tree button crafts
21 Graham Cracker Gingerbread houses
22 make chocolate spoons 
23 make Christmas creamer for Christmas morning coffee tray
24 Christmas cake for baby Jesus

1 comment:

  1. our advent calendars are very similar! I am glad you put don't get attached because already I am thinking I will need to switch up a few days :)

    ReplyDelete