Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas word matching

This is a super-cute and really easy Christmas word matching activity that we have out this week!  Princess is mostly using it, but Bub is liking it too.


The objects are just random Christmas decorations that we had around the house - they'd also be easy to find at the dollar store or WalMart.  I picked objects that were mostly 3-4 letter words that were somewhat easy to sound out.
                                          

We used "star", "drum", "tree", "sled", "dog", "card", and "bulb".  I wrote out the name for each object on a small piece of cardstock.
                                         

The kids pick an object, then match the word to the object.  My kids love when we introduce seasonal themes into our homeschooling, so Christmas-themed games are always a hit.
                                  





Montessori Monday

2 comments:

  1. Love this activity! I passed on an award to you! http://readingconfetti.blogspot.com/2011/11/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of using Christmas decorations for word matching! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I added your post and photo to my Montessori-Inspired Christmas Activities at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/11/28/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-christmas-activities/

    ReplyDelete