Saturday, October 15, 2011

Messy Sensory: Making "Clean Mud"

Today, we spent the afternoon making "clean mud".  This activity was described to me by a friend, who tried it a few months ago.

I didn't remember the measurements that my friend used, specifically, so we kind of winged it, but it worked out nicely for us. 

We started with: two bars of white soap (which I grated with my box grater); two rolls of toilet paper; two cups of lukewarm water.  















We ripped the toilet paper up into small pieces (Bigger Bit tossed some big sized pieces in, too, which didn't work too well), then slowly added the lukewarm water to the mixture while mixing.




















After mixing for a while, the toilet paper absorbs the water and begins to break down...  the texture becomes smooth and almost creamy.  It's very "squishable".





Linking up to:  















1 comment:

  1. Clean mud! I love it! I'm going to pin this so I don't forget! Lorie @ Reading Confetti

    ReplyDelete